OI!!!


Wow, I don't even know how to describe this place.  I live in Cabedelo on a peninsula...you should Google it!  It is super hot, 90 degrees and lots of humidity.  Luckily the showers are always cold, which feels good - most of the time.  I love the people here!  Everyone calls us "minja filha" which means "my daughter."  They are seriously the sweetest people.  This cute older woman, Luzimar, made cake on Sunday for us. 

Kim and her companion and the Mission President and his wife.













































































































I'm able to speak Portuguese a lot better, and Sister Borges is working on my accent.  I'm usually able to pick out enough of what people are saying to answer questions and teach according to their needs.  The members of the church give all that they have to others, which sometimes isn't much...it's really humbling to see.


Yesterday we ran into a group of eight Phillipinos who couldn't speak any Portuguese so we talked to them mostly in English. They saw our black name tags and said, "Mormons! Mormons!" It's way cool that they recognized our church and knew that they could ask us for help. :) Tchau! Love, Sister Kim Johnson







No comments:

Post a Comment